Berry Breakfast Cake
What, that? Cake for breakfast!
- 1.5 cups 190g all-purpose wheat flour
- 1 ⁄2 cup 40g rolled oats
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup 155g mixed berries, frozen
- 1 ⁄2 cup 125g mashed banana (around 1 1⁄2 bananas)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup 120g Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄2 cup 120ml almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 ⁄3 cup 110g honey
- Topping suggestions not included in nutrition information:
- maple syrup/honey
- Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8×8-inch baking dish with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except the berries) in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Next, add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. Lastly, add the berries and mix lightly to combine.
- Transfer the batter into the baking dish prepared earlier and sprinkle with additional berries and oats (optional).
- Bake for around 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Get my personal tips on nutrition, training, and fat loss, plus great recipes.
Each week you'll get great information including:
- Nutritional Fundamentals
- Tips & Strategies