Black Bean Omelet
A quick and tasty breakfast.
For the salsa:
- 1 tomato diced
- 1⁄2 small onion diced
- 1/2 lime juice only
- handful coriander chopped
For the omelet:
- 1 can 14 oz./400g black beans drained
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
- 1 avocado sliced
To make salsa:
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well. Set aside until needed.
To make the omelet:
- Pulse the black beans, lime juice, cumin, and a few drops of hot sauce in a food processor until it has the consistency of refried beans.
- Heat 1⁄2 teaspoon of oil in a small non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and beat with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs to the pan, then use a spatula to lift the cooked egg on the bottom to allow raw egg to slide under.
- When the eggs have set, place the omelet on a plate and spoon a quarter of the black bean mixture and 2 tablespoons feta down the middle of the omelet.
- Fold the edges over the center, top with 1⁄4 of the salsa and a few avocado slices.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make four omelets.