Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
A tasty treat that's still healthy!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 4 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 zucchini grated (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed banana, almond milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Place grated zucchini between two layers of paper towel and squeeze out excess liquid, and then add to the batter.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or place a muffin liner in each and distribute batter evenly between cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing and placing onto a wire rack to cool completely.