Grilled Herb-Rubbed, Bone-In Pork Chops
Note when assembling the ingredients for the herb rub that it is more of a template than a hard-and-fast rule. We aren’t going for dainty precision with this technique, just a uniform infusion of robust herbal flavours.
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
- 2 stems fresh rosemary leaves stripped from stems and crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves crushed with fingers
- 3 cloves garlic smashed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 thick-cut bone-in pork chops approximately 1” thick
- Combine salt, basil, rosemary, thyme, garlic and pepper thoroughly in a small bowl. Rub mixture over all sides of pork chops until thoroughly covered.
- Preheat grill to medium before adding pork chops over direct heat. Cook for 7-8 minutes, turn once, but otherwise keep the lid closed as much as possible. If your chops are thinner or thicker than 1”, adjust cook time accordingly.
- Remove chops from heat, cover and let rest for 3 – 5 minutes before serving. Serve with a grilled summer vegetable medley and top with a pat of compound butter seasoned with the same herbs used in the rub.