Grilled Herb-Rubbed, Bone-In Pork Chops
Note when assembling the ingredients for the herb rub that it is more of a template than a hard-and-fast rule. We aren’t going for dainty precision with this technique, just a uniform infusion of robust herbal flavours.
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
- 2 stems fresh rosemary leaves stripped from stems and crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves crushed with fingers
- 3 cloves garlic smashed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 thick-cut bone-in pork chops approximately 1” thick
- Combine salt, basil, rosemary, thyme, garlic and pepper thoroughly in a small bowl. Rub mixture over all sides of pork chops until thoroughly covered.
- Preheat grill to medium before adding pork chops over direct heat. Cook for 7-8 minutes, turn once, but otherwise keep the lid closed as much as possible. If your chops are thinner or thicker than 1”, adjust cook time accordingly.
- Remove chops from heat, cover and let rest for 3 – 5 minutes before serving. Serve with a grilled summer vegetable medley and top with a pat of compound butter seasoned with the same herbs used in the rub.
Get my personal tips on nutrition, training, and fat loss, plus great recipes.
Each week you'll receive an email with great information including:
- Nutritional Fundamentals
- Tips & Strategies