A taste of Southeast Asia.
- 1 cup Jasmine rice uncooked
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 tbsp. red Thai curry paste
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cup coconut milk canned
- 1 cup canned jackfruit chopped
- handful cilantro chopped
- 1 lime to garnish
- Cook rice according to instructions on the packaging.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion in, frequently stirring for about 5-6 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the curry paste, stir and cook for another minute.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Allow the sauce to heat up until simmering.
- Let it continue to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork. If the mixture gets too thick (or dry), you can add water to the pan, 1⁄4 cup (60ml) at a time, up to 1⁄2 cup (120ml).
- Lastly, add the jackfruit and cook for another 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve curry over rice with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Get my personal tips on nutrition, training, and fat loss, plus great recipes.
Each week you'll get great information including:
- Nutritional Fundamentals
- Tips & Strategies