Lamb and Chickpea Stuffed Peppers
Delicious and healthy, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Roasting Tray
- Frying Pan
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tsp. Moroccan spice mix
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. dried chili flakes
- 9 oz. 250g lamb mince
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 14 oz. 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3.5 oz. 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a large roasting tray.
- Cut the capsicums in half lengthways. Use a small sharp knife to carefully remove the seeds and membrane. Place the capsicum halves, cut-side up, in the tray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the Moroccan spice mix, paprika and chili.
- Add the lamb mince, stirring constantly to break up the mince, and cook for 5 minutes until the meat has browned.
- Add in the tomato paste and chickpeas, mix well and remove from heat.
- Cool slightly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the feta cheese into the lamb mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between each of the peppers.
- Cover the dish loosely with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Divide between 4 serving plates. Serve immediately with freshly chopped parsley.