Lemon, Coconut & Chia Seed Muffins
A quick, healthy snack
- Muffin Tray
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 lemons zest only
- pinch salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl add coconut flour, chia seeds, baking soda, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl crack the eggs and add, vanilla extract, almond milk mixed with stevia or honey, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar.
- Next fold in the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing well until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into paper muffin cups dividing equally between the 12 cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and transfer the muffins onto a rack to cool completely.