Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Great as a side or own its own.
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas drained
- 1 lemon juice only
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 to tomatoes finely diced
- 1/2 cucumber finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint finely chopped
- Place drained and rinsed chickpeas in a large bowl and combine with lemon juice, olive oil, and paprika.
- Cover, and transfer to the fridge to marinate while you dice the vegetables and herbs.
- Add the diced vegetables and chopped herbs to the chickpeas, season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Add more lemon juice if required.
- Serve on its own, with pita, or as a side with fish and meats. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.