Mexican Beef Mince
A simple and delicious meal you can whip together anytime.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1.1 lb lean beef mince
- 14 oz can black beans drained
- 1 cup passata
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes canned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- Heat the olive oil in the pan over medium heat and fry onions until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the minced beef and cook for 4-5 minutes, until browned.
- Add in all the spices to the pan and fry for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Next, add the beans, passata, chopped tomatoes, and water.
- Cook on low-medium heat for 10 minutes—season with more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
Serving suggestion: mashed avocado, natural yogurt, rice