Quick Thai Basil Chicken
A whole meal in a bowl.
- 1 cup jasmine rice uncooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1 1⁄2 lb chicken breast finely chopped
- 4 shallots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 chilies finely chopped
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves torn (or normal basil)
- Cook rice according to instructions on the packaging.
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy, high-walled skillet over high heat.
- Whisk together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, and sugar until well-combined. Set aside.
- Add the bell pepper and green beans to the hot wok and stir-fry for one minute. Next add in the chicken and cook, until beginning to brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the shallots, garlic, and chilies. Cook for about 1 min until fragrant. Then, pour in the earlier prepared sauce.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 more mins until the sauce begins to glaze.
- Stir in the Thai basil leaves (or regular basil) and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, the basil is wilted, and the liquid has mostly reduced. Serve with rice.