Slow Cooker Korean Beef
Take your tastebuds to Korea with this melt-in-your-mouth beef.
- Mixing Bowl
- Slow Cooker
- 3 lb. 1.3kg stewing beef, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 6 spring onions thinly sliced
For the Sauce
- 1 cup 240ml beef stock
- 1 ⁄2 cup 120ml tamari soy sauce
- 1 ⁄2 cup 100g coconut sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. ginger grated
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients and stir well to combine
- Place the beef in the slow cooker and cover with the sauce mixture. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on a low heat for 8 hours or on a high heat for 4 hours.
- Once the beef has finished cooking, mix the cornstarch and 1⁄4 cup water and stir into the slow cooker to thicken the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high heat for another 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Steamed vegetables
Get my personal tips on nutrition, training, and fat loss, plus great recipes.
Each week you'll get great information including:
- Nutritional Fundamentals
- Tips & Strategies