Strawberry and Chia Seed Jam
Homemade jam. What could be better?
- 14 oz. strawberries fresh
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- Heat fruits in a small pot over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the fruits begin to break down, about 10 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon to mash the fruit to your desired consistency.
- Stir in the chia seeds, lemon juice, and sweetener until combined.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- The jam will thicken as it cools.
- Serve immediately, or transfer the jam to a sealed container and refrigerate it for up to 1 week, or freeze it for up to 3 months.