Sweet Potato & Avo Breakfast Bowl
A quick, easy, and healthy start to the day.
- Non-stick Pan
- Baking Tray
- 1 large sweet potato cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ onion slices
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 4 eggs large
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the potato cubes over it evenly. Drizzle with half a tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, then toss them around and roast for another 10, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add the diced pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Next, add in the eggs and egg whites and cook for five minutes, mixing and folding them in with the onion and pepper. Stir in the garlic powder and season with salt, and pepper.
- Add in the tomatoes and heat them until softened. Next, add the roasted sweet potatoes and stir to combine.
- -Divide the eggs between two bowls and top with the diced avocado, sprinkle with hot paprika. Serve immediately.