Thai Basil Beef
A hearty, low-cal, high protein meal.
For the beef:
- 1 lb. 450g flank steak, sliced in thin strips
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup 24g Thai basil leaves (or regular Basil)
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- In a medium bowl, place the beef, water, corn-starch, and soy sauce. Toss everything to coat and marinate for 10-30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Remove the beef from the marinade and sear the beef until browned, (2-3 minutes), then set it aside.
- Add the bell pepper and green onion to the same pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Next, add in the garlic, and cook for another 1 more minute.
- Return the beef back to the pan along with the sauce. Cook until thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the Thai (or regular) basil and cook until it is just wilted. Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds alongside rice.