It takes a little time but it's worth it!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup risotto rice for example, arborio
- 1/2 cup dry white wine optional
- 1 large basil sprig
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large pan over medium heat, add the cherry tomatoes and fry them until they turn golden and start cracking for about 5-7 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat another 1 tsp. of oil and add onions, garlic, and cinnamon.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes and then add the rice, mixing well until combined.
- Next, add the basil sprig and white wine.
- When the wine evaporates, add the chopped tomatoes, season with salt, and simmer on medium heat for 5 – 8 minutes – after this pour in the first portion of the stock.
- Keep adding the stock as needed, stirring frequently. This process will take about 15-18 minutes.
- The risotto is ready when the rice is slightly al dente.
- Once prepared, add the cherry tomatoes back to the prepared risotto, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.